We are actively looking for a Small Engine Mechanic(s) on Maui, Kauai and on the Big Island.
Safely repair, maintain, and clean small (up to 23 horsepower) engines and larger diesel engine equipment. Assemble new equipment for rental or sale. Perform basic equipment familiarization, demonstration for customers as needed. Advises and oversees mechanic helper and yard personnel conducting basic equipment maintenance tasks. Provide excellent customer service. Maintain a clean and safe work environment meeting all safety requirements. Performs all duties and interacts with customers and coworkers in a professional and friendly manner.
Skills & Abilities:
• Team player with positive attitude.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Able to maintain and repair a wide range of equipment in compliance with all laws and regulations.
• Able to understand schematics on paper or online.
• Able to learn to operate a wide range of equipment and do basic equipment use familiarization and demonstration for customers.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skill to effectively communicate with all coworkers, managers, customers, and vendors honestly, respectfully, and sensitively.
• Basic problem-solving skills.
• Basic math and computer skills.
• Able to pass certified forklift and aerial lift/MEWP training. (company will train and certify)
• Able to come to work on time as scheduled.
Must have valid driver’s license and clean driver abstract.
Must have or be able to obtain own tools.
• 2 years’ automotive or equipment maintenance experience
• 1-year electrical repair or troubleshooting experience
Preferred: 5 years’ 2-cycle, 4-cycle engines equipment repair and maintenance experience; 3 years’ experience operating construction equipment; and 3 years’ hydraulic and electrical trouble shooting on equipment; 1 year experience welding and soldering.
Lift up to +50 lbs. occasionally – equipment, supplies, parts; bend/stoop/climb frequently to maintain and repair equipment, check equipment readings and controls that are close to ground, etc. 95% – Outdoor working in base yard. Occasional driving to customer offices or locations to swap out equipment or respond to service calls.
If you are interested or know of anyone that would be, please apply on our website at www.alohainternationalemployment.com or call (808) 871-6373. Mahalo!