The ideal Controller is a motivated, competent and trustworthy individual who will manage financial operations and staff in a manner that leverages efficiency and quality to maximize profitability, while maintaining a high level of morale. He/She will be well-versed in processes under the role’s responsibility and will be results-driven, proactive and focused. Accuracy, accountability and attention to detail is a must along with the ability to communicate well with others. This position will report to the General Manager.
$60-80K annual salary
Controller Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage all aspects of accounting; billing, financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, inventory accounting, cost accounting, revenue recognition, and various special analyses
• Maintain documented system of accounting policies and operations
• Prepare and organize financial statements for planning, records and review
• Manage the quarterly/annual budgets and forecasts
• Organize information and statements for audits and both internal and external auditors
• Support Operations and Sales departments with information requirements
• Define, benchmark and implement operational best practices
• Complying with all local, state, and federal laws regarding finances, tax filings, and reporting
• Ensuring company complies with all additional legal and regulatory requirements
Administrative Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage accounting staff.
• Oversee Certified Redemption Center and Recycling reporting and audit with Operations Management
• Provide Executive level management assistance as needed
• Maintains a safe and healthy work environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• 3 years of accounting experience required
• 3 years of managerial experience required
• Organized, detail oriented and a team player
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
• CPA preferred but not required
• Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
• Ability to work well in a team and meet deadlines
• Strong computer technical skills, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel. Able to read, analyze, and create technical forms and financial reports.
• Possess valid driver license
• Have a reliable vehicle to run errands