PRIMARY PURPOSE: Serves as adoptions advisor to facilitate successful matches of people and pets, including off-site adoptions support, retail sales and customer care. Requires superior customer service and communication skills; ability to multi-task; work under pressure with minimal supervision, both individually and within a team; flexible and good natured; ability to maintain professionalism, composure and compassion in emotionally charged situations; and resolve conflicts effectively.
• Adoptions Advisor. Familiarizes oneself with all animals available for adoption during each shift in order to facilitate thoughtful decision making for potential adopters in selecting a new pet. Educates about responsible pet ownership and prior adoption.
• Customer Care. Treats all animals and the public in a professional and efficient manner, servicing customers expeditiously, following up on public requests in a timely manner including returning phone calls, and responds to questions according to established guidelines. Communicates a positive public image of the organization.
• Offsite Adoptions Support. Staffs offsite adoptions events and handles animal selection and transport, and all transactions. Serves as liaison to corporate partners hosting events such as PETCO and ensures adoptions animals housed are cared for and stocked at all times.
• Lost & Found. Assists public with lost and found services including completion of reports, assisting with searches at the shelter, and all other efforts for reunions.
• Animal Care Management. Contacts animal care staff to expedite care of adoptions animals if needed. Schedules animals adopted for grooming and baths as needed to ensure optimal presentation.
• Retail Store. Ensures familiarity with products and assists public with purchased and recommendations based on their needs. Maintain clean, organized and welcoming environment in retail area.
• Financial Reports. Provides daily activity reports and cash management activities for accounting.
• Adoptions Center Maintenance. Ensures a clean, organized and welcoming adoptions center including lanai areas, Cat House and dog kennels. Organizes and orders supplies with supervisor approval as needed.
• Organizational Improvements. Shares ideas and suggestions for department and organization improvements.
• Compliance. Must abide by all organization policies and job duty procedures including but not limited to adoptions fees, lost animal releases, Neuter Now certificates and dog license sales. Must promote the Society’s mission and vision.
• Operations Support. Provides support in admissions and other departments as needed.
• Others Duties as Assigned. Many include organization-wide support as needed including but not limited to participation in events, serving as spokesperson, fundraising, covering other operational departments and Society’s role as a first responder to disasters.
• Working Environment: Indoors and outdoors as needed.
• Equipment Use: Computer, cash register, database and telephone systems. Use of all sheltering-related animal equipment including tools for containing animals humanely, safely, and securely.
• Hours: Based on operational requirements. Must be available 40 hours a week with overtime as needed any 7 days of the week, weekends and holidays.
MENTAL, PHYSICAL, AND COMMUNICATION DEMANDS:
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and as a team equally successfully with proven communication, collaboration and customer service.
• Must be able to maintain professionalism, composure and compassion in emotionally charged situations and able to resolve conflicts effectively.
• Must be able to perform physically rigorous work, stand for long periods of time and able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation. Must have no limitations to prevent handling or working with animals.
• Skills/Knowledge: Must have excellent customer service including verbal, written and computer skills. Must be able to competently perform cash, computer, licensing, and paperwork transactions. Must be willing to drive company vehicles including animal transport trucks.
Must pass a driving background check with a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as is required to drive as needed according to organizational policy.
• Education/Training: High school diploma or equivalent.
• Experience: One year of customer service experience preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com